NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PhpED remote debugging

Hi,

I have a CentOS server running Apache and I have a windows machine on which I use the *awesome* NuSphere PhpED editor.

Now I have a requirement in which I have to integrate the whole thing using Jenkins/Maven.

For this I need to have PHPUnit working with the editor.

1) At present I have windows7 and I am not able to install PHPUnit through PEAR.
This http://forum.nusphere.com/phpunit-integration-t3868.html?highlight=phpunit doesn't work!

2) Is it possible that I can step through the code in PhpED by actually running it on the server? Right now when I debug, the code runs on Apache. So is it possible with PHPUnit?

I searched the whole forum and many other places but couldn't find any help regarding this.

Could anyone here help me out.

Thanks!!
Sumit
Site Admin

PEAR seems to be broken and/or poorly maintained.
I updated instructions and added some comments on how to workaround some problems, but still, the results aren't so useful.

First problem is that PEAR should be installed into a directory WITHOUT spaces. Looks like developers are using DOSish pathes and use spaces as delimiters (thanks that they don't use 8.3 filenames) and I didn't find a way on how to change target ($prefix) directory. If you find, please let me know.
Second problem is in one of PEAR core packages that didn't install, althogh it was downloaded. Manual unpacking and copying helped to get through.

Then installation of phpUnit started over, but didn't succeed for me because of spaces in the target directory (see p1).