NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PhpEd output schreen ie proxy settings

Hi,
i am new here and using phped since a few hours. I have puzzeled quite some time to find out why a simple hello world is not showed in the output screen. Well i have found it ... the problem is caused by the fact i have ie proxy settings.

Is there a way to tell phped to use the same proxy settings or even better ignore ie proxy settings ??

thanks

Eelco
Site Admin

Output window contains embedded IE and because of that this component uses whatsoever settings you have set for IE. Wink
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
IE proxy settings

Hum it is not verry practical. IE browsing on the internet is a bit different from a development window based on ie api's. And adopting proxy settings for local debugging and displaying as also quite confusing.

Maybe the phped builders will think for a solution on this issue. Now i have te manipulate the proxy settings every time i am using phped.javascript:emoticon('Crying or Very sad')
Site Admin

Sorry, what is not practical ?

Finally what is the problem with those settings ?
Could you make screenshots, send samples, etc ?

From my point of view, everything should be just fine. If you work with your local host, settings should not be in effect. If you work with remote hosts, they should be.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

The problem is :
When i build a script lets say
<?php
echo ("hello world");
?>
the output screen is empty if i have a proxy setting enabled in ie to my proxy server here in the network (setting is needed to go though the firewall)
When is disable the ie proxy setting i do get a nice hello world.

The same for script debugging but then you get al kind of errors on the debugger als timedout

Ik you like to have exact screenshots i will send them.

It has taken me quite some time to understand the fact no output is given and all kind of strange errors in the debugger are not caused by phped or the debugger but only by a simple change in the proxysettings of ie.
Site Admin

Well.
What run mode have you set ? (see IDE tab / or project settings for it).
Do you have an Apache or IIS server installed for your development ?
Do you experience that problem when you work with Apache ?
I mean w/o IDE, just a plain browser and a plain Apache (or IIS).
Proxy problem

The IDE mode is httpmode local webserver.

Network situation:
internet <>firewall<>developmentstation (win2000)
The connection between the developmentstation and the internet is made via the firewall. The connection is based on a proxy connection with content filtering.

The developmentstation has a phped3.3 installation and php scripts like hello world or others have to be tested on the local development environment. Local webserver, local php, local perl.

To be able to read info on the internet the proxy setting should be enabled, to be able to do local debugging and testing php scripts i have to disable the proxy setting.

I have solved this by installation of another webbrowser so i am able to use one browser for intnet surfing and another (ie settings) for phped.
But it is not the solution i would prefer. An option would be settings within phped to enable or disable the proxy setting a way that the way ie acts is not disturbed.

I hope i describe the problem clear enough for you

Bye

Eelco
Site Admin

Well.
If you have all your development servers in front of the firewall, you'd use "localhost" and IE should not use proxy settings. If it nevetheless does use them, you'd try to add localhost to your intranet zone. See menu Tools->Internet Options..., security tab, click on Local Intranet, Sites, Advanced, type host name and click add.

If it still does not work after all, submit your request to Miscrosoft, we neither develop nor support their products Smile Smile Smile

ddmitrie wrote:
Well.
If you have all your development servers in front of the firewall, you'd use "localhost" and IE should not use proxy settings. If it nevetheless does use them, you'd try to add localhost to your intranet zone. See menu Tools->Internet Options..., security tab, click on Local Intranet, Sites, Advanced, type host name and click add.

If it still does not work after all, submit your request to Miscrosoft, we neither develop nor support their products Smile Smile Smile

Ok adding localhost and no proxy for local seems to work. Thanks
PhpEd output schreen ie proxy settings