NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PhpED locks up and shows as (Not Responding)

PhpED occasionally locks up and will show as Not Responding for many minutes. Sometimes it comes back but other times I need to force it to close and loose my unsaved work. It is not related to the debugger as it occurs when not debugging.

Not possitive, but I think it might be related to the following:

PhpED has a feature which when adding script such as [code$obj = new SomeC[/code] , it will search for any classes that match the the entered characters, and pre-populate
Code:
SomeClass()
. While helpful,, unfortunately my PC isn't as powerful as I would like and it just locks up searching for the class. It doesn't happen after entering most of the class name but when just starting such as
Code:
$obj = new

Could this be causing the lockups? If so, how can I either turn this feature off or prevent lookup until a given number of characters are entered? If not the culprit, what might be causing this and how do I fix it?

Thanks
Site Admin

Try to close all browser windows, kill browser processes in TaskManager, then re-check the IDE if it works better. If it does, you need more memory. Otherwise you need faster disk.
As of the # of characters, it's in Tools->Settings->Code Completion, Min Characters, and all checkboxes above.