NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] PhpEd IDE SRV sessions

I am using PhpEd SRV when debugging my scripts. I have noticed that when I start debugging, that the previous debugging session variables are still set. Is there a way to clear the session so that each time I start debugging I start with a clean or empty session?

Guru master

Delete the PHPED cookie in your browser. It contains the debugging session id, as long as one is found it will continue on that session afaik
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thank you for the reply.

Found the cookie called sess_REALLY BIG NUMBER in the location where IE stores cookies which makes sense since I am using the embedded IE browser. I had to delete this manually though as doing the delete from IE did not remove the cookie.

Guru master

If you delete a cookie from the program itself you usually have to restart the browser afterward to "deactivate" the one being active in the current session.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

First of all please note that there are no such things as PhpEd sessions or SRV sessions there. They do not support any kind of sessions related to php. Sessions are supported by Debugger and PHP itself.

Both are supported with cookies but it's the only comming thing. Debugger session has no relation to the PHP sessions. It only triggers the debugger when you for example click on a link located on a page produced with debugger and you can turn this off in the debugger settings. You can see corresponding cookies with DBGSESSID.

PHP sessions (it's what you see as sess_NNNNNNNNNNN and sometimes as PHPSESSID=NNNNNNNNN) are out of PhpED control. If you need to clean up current php session, you may want to either call appropriate function in php or delete all cookies, including temporary ones.