NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
phpED fails to connect to DBG

Hi

Suddenly the phpED has started to fail to connect to the DBG when using the remote WEB server mode (Apache):
----------
Failed to start debug session (timeout)
Please verify if debugger module is installed on the server that corresponds to "http://localhost:8080/lend62a/pildid/pildid_admin_x.php" URL.
----------

This problem doesn't persist when debugging with SRV and I have made sure that the module is installed. Conecting to the DBG with a custom client is a success so I think this is phpED's internal problem.
View user's profileFind all posts by netgertSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Site Admin

Please follow instructions per PHPED FAQ #2, p3.
howto-run-debug-session-t585.html
Feel free to post your coments there if you havn't resolved the problem.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Novice question - all seemed to work on day 1, not day 2

I installed PHPeD on a Windows platform as a 30 day eval package. The installer seemed to run without a hitch. Without being very familiar with PHP, but with 20 years of C++ and other languages, I set about trying it out. Without really understanding how I was making it work, I was able to write several scripts, connect to a remote MySQL database and read data from it, and step through program execution from one php page to another. It was quite impressive, especially they way it worked even though I had no idea how it was working, like not knowing how it knows where to start code execution and debug, it just happened to start where I wanted it to.

On day 2, its like a different world. Although I can still run my scripts fine in a completely remote mode (in a normal web browser), when I try to run them in PHPeD debugger, I get "failed to start debug session, please verify that the debugger module is installed on the server that corresponds to...."

I am not sure if there is a debugger installed on that server or not, I would just like it to run like it did on day 1. That was fine with me. I am using a shared hosting service on a linux platform, and I am sure they are not going to set up anyting special for me for the few bucks a month that I pay. I can't see how a debugging module on the server would work in a shared server environment anyway, and the performance penalty would be unfair to other users. I was under the impression that the entire idea of this product was to handle debugging locally, and thus not need anything special on my server (it seemed to connect to my remote database with no problem, as it should for the paradigm to work as I understand it should).

Does Nusphere have some kind of tech support system setup whereby I can get some help with this. I find the documentation provided with the eval to be rather skimpy, especially for beginners. It has plenty of programming references, but little on the product and its use. All of the configuration info seems to be on the remote server config, which is what I want to avoid.

Any suggestions welcomed
Charles

Please have a look at ddmitrie's reply, its answered there in the FAQ.
And by the way, your machine can be a server too so don't worry about you having to use somebody's else machine as server. Actually the time you view your page locally, your machine is a server.
View user's profileFind all posts by netgertSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger
Site Admin

Charlesonthego,

Quote:
>Does Nusphere have some kind of tech support system setup

Sure. One, you see this forum board and there are plenty posts dedicated to system setup problems. Two, you may purchase PHPED ADVANTAGE and nusphere will guide you for one year.

Quote:
I am using a shared hosting service on a linux platform, and I am sure they are not going to set up anyting special for me

Yep, you are right. On the other hand, you may install your own server if you need one and have all necessary stuff be installed there too including debugger module. Without a debugger module you can't debug, that's obvious. Wink
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
phpED fails to connect to DBG