NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PHPED crashing on searches (*old version*)

hi, i´ve been using PHPED for a couple of months now, and I´m encountering this problem only now. I have to search a directory with close to 500mb in assorted files from the backup of a website, and PHPED has been crashing when doing searches or searches/replaces across the active project.

the search status window stalls on certain files, which at first I thought were corrupted or something, and so I tossed them. after that I noticed it just crashed randomly, when going through any type of file.

I copied this directory from a networked mac into my pc, directly from the dvd being read by the mac. could this causing the problem somehow?

this is happening right when I have to use the search tool a lot, to do a code analysis due today Razz

any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Oliver
Site Admin

Dear Oliver,
What phped IDE version/build number are you working on?
The reported issue reminds me problems with original version (build 3332) while the most recent one (build 3397) has no such problems.

Dmitri.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
downloading it again

hi dmitri, thanks for your response.
good to hear there´s a simple fix!
my build is indeed the old one, and so I´m downloading phped again (couldn´t find the specific build, so I´m assuming the main download is it).
best
oliver
actually

before I go reinstalling the whole thing, would you please advise the best way to upgrade this?
Site Admin

there is nothing special. If you have an older version installed you can install update just over it and most of settings will be preserved. The only limitation is that older and newer versions should have the same major and minor version numbers. For example, you can install 3.3.3 over 3.3.1 or 3.3, and can't install it over 3.2.x or 3.1.x. In latter case you have to uninstall previous version before upgrading.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
new install gave me old version

ok, I installed it again from a download i made from "my products", but it seems to have installed build 3332 again. would you please point me to the right place to download the new build?
Site Admin

"My Products" always contains the originally released product (version 3.3 in this case), while all the updates are in "My Updates" (versions 3.3.1, 3.3.2 and 3.3.3 are those updates for 3.3).
PHPED crashing on searches (*old version*)