NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PHPED and code folding

Hey All,

Do any of you know if code folding is available PHPED? This is an incredibly useful and simply feature, I'm surprised I can't find it easily enough in PHPED.

Any advice would be greatfully appreciated.

HS
Guru master

*bump*

I so agree on that one.
I have another one now that I'm typing this:
-> a better way to view contents of extremely large "strings" during debugging.
It's so frustrating to get a popup that runs over 2 screens and then goes off screen because the
contents is too long. Using the watch window in combo with a substr isn't really handy and c/p'ing the contents to notepad
or smting is so much extra work Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

did you try Immediate?
just type $varname and press enter
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Ill add a vote for code folding. Especialy around classes and functions. I miss that about vim.

Hello Dmitri,

Please count my vote for code folding too.
It seems that most of the top IDE have that and I subscribe for it.
Whould be great if you can have a automate code folding for all kind of blocks with option to switch on/off any of it... and also be able to define the blocks like select lines and "Set folding Region".

Thank you
Christian

This is actually what is holding me off from buying this product. I love everything about the software, but code folding would be SO helpful. If I knew it was going to be in a release within a year, I would get the package with the 1 year support and free upgrades...

You've got my vote for code-folding. Really just one of the functions I still really miss in PhpED. Furthermore it's the best editor and IDE I've ever used. Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by MeAngrySend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger

count me 2 ...

I added my vote for this a few months back, but actually now I see a host of issues, alot of IDE's don't persist this across sessions, without that I'm not sure how useful this would be.

Personally, there are couple of other items far important to me, such as a some kind of Plugin system or internal scripting language.

Blizz wrote:
*bump*

I so agree on that one.
I have another one now that I'm typing this:
-> a better way to view contents of extremely large "strings" during debugging.
It's so frustrating to get a popup that runs over 2 screens and then goes off screen because the
contents is too long. Using the watch window in combo with a substr isn't really handy and c/p'ing the contents to notepad
or smting is so much extra work Smile

I agree in both: wrapping long strings and code folding.
Site Admin

if those long strings contain chr(10) (or \n in terms of php), you may want to uncheck "View strings in PHP format" in the Locals and Globals popups. In this cae tooltip will show them multi-lined too.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Please, ddmitrie, I beg you!!! Add code folding in phpED!!! Smile

You already have added the instant error analysis which already does the job to identify the code blocks that could be folded.

I can't tell how simple or complex it is to add this feature, but, please, consider it seriously.
PHPED and code folding