NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

I agree that code folding is useful feature, but I think there should be the way to turn it off whenever you want... smth. like an option:
Use code folding engine [ ] (yes/no). I think the ability to turn off the folding mechanism will speed up the editor in case if one doesn't want to use folding. And the developers could work on it without rash, 'cause no matter how buggy it is there will be always the way to turn it off Smile

Code folding is very usefull !
Imagine you could fold all functions with a keystroke and unfold only the one you need to work on.

It really speeds things up.

And it doesnt slows the editor at all, i've used ultraedit, jedit and winscite with code folding and none slowed at all.

I'm also voting for code folding.

2 petertable:
Well, probably 'speed up editor' - it was to loud words, but you should agree if you have a lot of opened files and each file has at least 1000 lines the folding will take much resources. Don't we want to make PHPed as bulky as Zend Studio? Smile (just kidding, it will never get so bulky 'cause it doesn't use JRE).

So, my vote is FOR "Code Folding" feature, but I suggest to leave the ability to turn it off.

You completly and utterly have my vote on code folding, infact it is the only thing that is keeping me on the fence on whether to buy it or not. Everything else about the application I think is fantastic.

So I am 100% for Code Folding.
Code Folding

Please add my vote for code folding. Some of my scripts and classes are very large.
PhpED rocks. Smile

Add my vote for code folding, not sure I personally need it but I can apppreciate it would benefit several users, as stated by Kelvin though, make sure it is maintained across sessions and that it can be turned off if we feel we don't need it.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlackGasSend private messageVisit poster's website

Hello Dmitri
Count my vote for code folding, too. It makes things a lot easier to manage and you don't loose the overview.

Miss code folding too.
Expect this would be something like

// block: Block name

... long code ...

// endblock
View user's profileFind all posts by sergeymorkovkinSend private messageICQ Number

OK, let me also say +1 to code folding. I think that both automatic and manual folding should be implemented to cater for all user needs.

Automatic folding would place fold sections according to the code syntax in the file, like on class and function declarations, and on all block statements. Manual folding would use fold markers in comments in the code to decide where the fold sections are. To be really flexible the markers should perhaps be configurable, but there is a de facto standard used in Emacs and Vim to mark folding sections like this:
Code:
// {{{ Fold comment that is displayed when the block is collapsed
  ... code here
  // {{{ Folds can be nested
  ... more code
  // }}}
// }}}

People used to PHP coding can find this convention in the PEAR libraries for instance.

Automatic cold folding and manual cold folding would be a great feature to add. It's obvious that many people are asking for that feature,
so I hope you guys implement it on the next build.

I totally put my vote FOR code folding!

its not a novelty that nobody uses.

before i used Zend Studio and it has this feature and i found it very usefull..

and one who does not need it, it can be switched off...

PhpEd is much better than Zend Studio , but it coul duse a code folding option...

thumbs up for PhpEd guys, im sure they will implement it in 4.7 versoin...

Smile
PHPED and code folding