NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

dmitri,

Of course program does not know what workspace or project I want to work with.

But I decide it FOR the program by leaving it *OPEN* at the moment I quit IDE.

So, all the program should do is to re-open my last choice.

You have surely seen software that upon restart reopens last active file, tab, project, etc etc etc?

Don't you think it is logical?

T>

P.S. Can you possibly explain the rationale behind this change anyway? Has anyone complained that there's no "Welcome page" or does anyone think that reopening last active workspace is huge inconvenience?
P.P.S. What's the huge problem with letting the USER decide how it behaves. After all, you're developing it FOR the clients.
Site Admin

Quote:
So, all the program should do is to re-open my last choice.

The answer has been provieded - you can turn this ON. Timuri, I'm really sorry I have no spare time to continue on this and reiterate again. If you don't read what I write, then it's easier for me not to write at all.

I am sorry dmitri if customer's questions keep you from doing what you are doing.

You said:

> The answer has been provieded - you can turn this ON.

To close this topic, would you please post clear answer - how can I make PHPEd 9 reopen last active workspace upon load and open all files that were open when I last closed it?

Thanks.

There seems to be a problem with jumplists on Windows 8.

When I load a pinned workspace, the editor now just shows "Startup". Can you please have a look at this?

Edit: Same problem with double-clicking on .ppw files - the workspace doesn't load anymore.

Edit2: Opening a .ppw via double click or jumplist works fine when the IDE is already open.

PS: I've also submitted this via contact form.
Veteran

dmitri wrote:
But the program may not know what workspace or project or file you want to work now and you had to a) wait until old workspace is loaded, then b) close it and wait until it is closed then c) open the one you want

Doing b) never was necessary. I guess you know that. Wink

dmitri wrote:
Sure, it *is* faster with startup page.

I said "it's not faster for me". Having the workspace loaded automatically every day and switching every two weeks or so is faster for me. How can you possibly know how I work with PhpED? Rolling Eyes

dmitri wrote:
If, on the other hand, you created a -one-for-now-and-for-ever-workspace- and work with it for long time

Not forever - I'm a freelancer, and I normally don't work on a different project every day. Switching Workspaces by hand ist absolutely okay for me.

dmitri wrote:
you may want to check "auto load workspace" in IDE settings. That's it.

Okay, obviously I missed that one. Sorry and thanks for the hint!

temuri wrote:
To close this topic, would you please post clear answer - how can I make PHPEd 9 reopen last active workspace upon load and open all files that were open when I last closed it?

As Dmitri said: "Tools > Settings > IDE settings > Load last workspace at startup".

Cheers,
Jan

dmitri/Enigma,

Thanks for your assistance. I can now get my last opened workspace loaded when I run PHPEd. Looks like somewhere in the discussion there was a misunderstanding and things got a little heated.

Temuri

Hi @all,

for me, the new welcome screen is a very good thing and I like it,
because I had similiar welcome-screens in many other IDEs I have
used so far and for me it is a great time-saver and a very useful new feature.

Just my two cents Wink

Kind regards,
Sares
Veteran

Sares wrote:
for me, the new welcome screen is a very good thing and I like it,
because I had similiar welcome-screens in many other IDEs I have
used so far and for me it is a great time-saver and a very useful new feature.

Now that I can override it by loading the last active workspace automatically, I don't have a problem with the screen. Smile

Cheers,
Jan

dmitri wrote:
Quote:
It's *not* faster for me, Dmitri, it's slower because I have to interact with the program before the workspace gets loaded

But the program may not know what workspace or project or file you want to work now and you had to a) wait until old workspace is loaded, then b) close it and wait until it is closed then c) open the one you want
Sure, it *is* faster with startup page.

If, on the other hand, you created a -one-for-now-and-for-ever-workspace- and work with it for long time, you may want to check "auto load workspace" in IDE settings. That's it.

My problem is that I have lots of different projects that vary from time-to-time and I keep shortcuts to the .PPWs I want on my desktop. With this new, invasive species of startup screen, none of these shortcuts work anymore - even though I've clicked on the project I want now I am unavoidably routed to s startup screen that I really don't want.

It's not a deal-breaker - I still prefer NuSphere to any other PHP editor - but:
This is *very* annoying and I would *VERY* much like to open the .PPW I click on. I get it, the start screen is a nice feature, but help me make it go away and open the project I clicked on please.
Wink

NetDCon: I believe this was addressed in a later update, are you currently using the latest version?

frame wrote:
NetDCon: I believe this was addressed in a later update, are you currently using the latest version?

Apparently I was not - I was on build 9033. Build 9051 seems to've cleared up any fuss I had.

Ergo, I humbly and abjectly apologise for any fuss I may have caused. And many thanks, etc. Very Happy
PhpED 9.0 startup page in editor