NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] PhpED 6 .htaccess

How can I show .htaccess files on a remote server in PhpEd 6? This worked fine in 5.8, but after upgrading to 6 I can no longer view/edit .htaccess via Remote Server. I have show hidden files option checked in the settings, is there anything else I need to look into?
Site Admin

is it FTP you're using?

That is correct - using basic FTP
Site Admin

It's known problem -- some FTP servers does not return hidden files. Try windows ftp console, connect to your server and run LIST command to see whether it returns hidden files or not.

This is not a problem with the server - I've been using this same server, with the same settings for about 3 years. The same server also works without any problems with my old PhpEd installation on a different computer. The problem only happens in PhpEd 6 (maybe 5.9 also, I've never tried that version)
Site Admin

zarembisty wrote:
This is not a problem with the server

did you try ftp console or not?

No offense dmitri but are you even reading my responses? It worked out of the box in 5.8 (and still does). It doesn't in 6.0, there's no need to try the console. Same server, same settings different versions of PhpEd.

This was fixed in build 6033.
Site Admin

wanted to ask the same...
and you know what? it's still your server problem.

wow, rude to the end - I'm not sure if you work for NuSphere but if this is the representation of your customer support I am glad my PHP work is going away soon.

Instead of being a smart ass you could've just mentioned that PhpEd 6 changed how it queries the FTP by default. So yes, the functionality was "broken" between 5.8 and 6.
Site Admin

before saying this you'd better ask what REAL problem was and I'd reply that the problem was (is) in UGLY ftp server behaviour. INSTEAD of what defined in FTP standards, it expects "-la" argument to show hidden files in the LIST command response. It's a known inappropriate behaviour of some FTP servers under UNIX/Linux
BTW if you post something on forums and get a recommendation to check something, why do you ignore? Why to post at all if you're going to ignore?

I did not ignore your recommendation at all - I did query my FTP, alas with the -ls command as that's what I always use. How the hell am I supposed to know what PhpEd does on its own, hence "is there anything else I need to look into" in my original question, but you were to busy telling me how wrong I am to read that.
[resolved] PhpED 6 .htaccess