NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PHPEd 5.0

Hi just receive an email containing this:

A new version of PhpEd featuring seamless integration with Nu-Coder is scheduled to be released early in 2007.

I also know that this version will be version 5.0.

I can't wait, so can we know what's new on version 5.0 Very Happy

I love so much this product, so can we have a chrismas gift and know what will be new ?
Veteran

Well, only because of the spirit of giving ...
The major things will be:
- code folding
- nu-coder integration

There is some more, not at all less important - but who wants to open the gift before the actual Holyday Smile?

Code folding ... wonderfull gift Smile

Nu-coder ... if we buy it now, how that will work in the future ... will code integrated in phpEd 5.0 or we will need to buy it as a module and integrate automatically in the editor as a tool.
Site Admin

you can intragrate it the way that's available since phped version 3. For example this post tip-subversion-svn-and-phped-3-3-t1365.html explains how to integrate subversion commandline tool. Similarly you can intagreate nu-coder.

PhpED version 5.0 will offer a more comfortable way with GUI options and ability to auto-encode files on their way to the server.

Regarding cost of the upgrade, please contact customer dept (sales@nusphere.com)
Personally I think upgrade will be available at a very little price or even free, definitely not for the full price if you purchase nu-coder now.

Dmitri,

Just to be sure I fully understand your last post, are you saying that the Nu-Coder will be fully part of the next version of PhpEd ? If we get the version 5.0, we don't have to buy separately the Nu-Coder, right ?

Thanks for the answer,

I can't wait to get the next version ! I'm sure it will be a hit !!
Site Admin

Currently Nu-Coder is distributed as a standalone product. It will not change.
If you buy version 1.3 right now, you'll upgrade to the next version of nucoder either for free or for small price.
All customers who purchase or have already purchased PhpED (regardless of the version), will get Nu-Coder at a discounted price. Right now the discount is 30%.

Oh thank god for code folding. I just demoed PhpED and Zend Studio for 2 weeks and ultimately the features in PhpED made me get Professional Advantage over Zend Studio. The integrated shell and lack of java bloat sealed the deal for me. I already feel more productive.
View user's profileFind all posts by SBGamesConeSend private messageAIM AddressICQ Number
Do not worry about the upgrade of nu-coder for phpEd 5
Veteran

If you read about nu-coder on nusphere.com, you will notice that nu-coder gives you a lifetime of upgrades for free.

Once purchased it will not cost you a penny more.

"Enjoy NuSphere's user friendly policy of Free Upgrades and get future versions of Nu-Coder"
Source : http://www.nusphere.com/products/nucoder.htm

And as our friend Dmitri writes in the forum
"In terms of stability and performance - yes, it's created by the same standards as PhpED. In terms of features, it is the first version and there are only few major features. Commercial licenses will be lifetime. Regarding price, it won't be that high."
Source : running-ioncube-before-sftping-the-files-t2692.html

Reading that I imidiatly purchaced nu-coder with the christmas discounts.

Even if nu-coder is not having the featues that I need right now (licensing system etc) , I trust NuSphere to deliver that as fast as they possibly can.
Veteran

I think there is a little of confusion here. Yes indeed, once you purchase the nu-coder this license are life-time - but only version 1.3. You can use 1.3 forever, it never expires. We will also provide one year of free upgrades - we are very clear about it in the description in the on-line store, read
from http://shop.nusphere.com/customer/product.php?productid=592&cat=32&page=1
"This package includes:
Nu-Coder 1.3 Professional package.
1 year of free upgrades and updates.
1 year of prioritized technical support. "

Once 1 year from the time of purchase is up, you can still run nu-coder <whatever version is out by that time, you will get that as part of free upgrades>. I think ( I am not sure) that in case of the competition the license actually expires, please correct me if I am wrong. So, while you can use that version of nu-coder forever, after one year we will ask to pay some amount to renew the contract - to continue getting the upgrades etc., if you wish.
I hope it makes it clear
Veteran

So I have misunderstood that. Sad

Just a little dissapointed.
I hope you will be able to deliver :

"Enjoy NuSphere's user friendly policy of Free Upgrades and get future versions of Nu-Coder with
Obfuscation
License Manager
Full Support of future versions of PHP
And much more"

within a short time then Very Happy

I have a 3 year contract on phped, why dont you offer the same on nu-coder. ?
What about an upgrade price ? what would that be ?
Site Admin

as Yury said:
"This package includes:
Nu-Coder 1.3 Professional package.
1 year of free upgrades and updates.
1 year of prioritized technical support."

regarding Life-Time licenses, we emphasized that you will not have to pay each year to keep purchased encoder working like it is with some known Z encoder.
In other words, once purchased version 1.3 keep working forever. No limitations like that.

So, plan for when version 5.0 ... i love to much phped ...
PHPEd 5.0