NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] PHPEd 5.0 build 5025 Still no PDO autocomplete?

As the subject says.. I just upgraded to 5.0 build 5025 and I still get no autocomplete from PDO's.. this is a feature of the PHP language it would seem that the editor ought to support this?
Site Admin

PhpED supports code completion for PDO classes pretty well. All you need is a file with PDO prototypes.

dmitri wrote:
PhpED supports code completion for PDO classes pretty well. All you need is a file with PDO prototypes.

Can you provide that please? It is a feature of PHP, it seems this should be included by PhpED.
Site Admin

please see this FAQ http://forum.nusphere.com/code-completion-for-php-spl-dom-pdo-and-dom-t1733.html
it specifies how to add support for SPL (embedded) objects. Similarly you can add one for PDO.
Unfortunately we have no such PDO prototypes ready for you.

Hi Dmitri,

I've updated the spl.php available in the FAQ to add the support for PDO autocompletion.

Is there a place I can upload it to make it available to everyone interested ?

It's only a basic support (just the necessary stuff to add autocompletion for PDO, PDOStatement and PDOException - prototypes with the types of the parameters and return values). I didn't have time for exemple to add a description of each method but I'm planning to do it soon.

Thanks a bunch for the work medifirst, I would greatly appreciate having this. Please help him get it uploaded!
Veteran

Hi, medifirst, could you please email your file to sales@nusphere.com - sales folks wiill get it to us. By the way, please take a look at this script, that we published:
http://www.nusphere.com/php_script/php_code_completion_script.htm
It should take care of many cases.
In general, if you have PHP scripts that you want to share with other users - by all means, please contact us via Contact Us form - we will be happy to evaluate them and place them on http://www.nusphere.com/php_script/php_scripts.htm
Veteran

Hi Yfaktor,

I tried your script for basic autocompletion support for PDO - a generic script which uses class reflection based on the official PHP manual.
The problem is that it doesn't give information about the number of parameter, their types (and of course their meaning).

That's why I decided in the first place to write my own file describing each function prototype per class which their expected type and a short description.
I just have to add a description of each function for the quick tips and I'll send it to you.
Veteran

FYI, I've just sent to the Sales team the file I've made with all the prototypes w/ the type of each argument and a quick description of each function. Very Happy
Hope it will help...
Veteran

Well I hope that it will become available for public download.
Veteran

If you're interested, the file is available here for download :

http://forum.nusphere.com/code-completion-for-php-spl-dom-pdo-and-dom-t1733.html

Thanks Nusphere for making it available for everyone...
Site Admin

Thank you for this file!