NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PHPEd 4.0 !

Just been 10 minutes and I am very happy with it. Congratulations on a job well done. I'm like a little kid with a new toy just now... Very Happy

I love what you have done with the docks. This is brilliant. But I am desperatly looking for the checkbox that kills the sliding feature as it's just making the whole thing too slow and therefore a bit annoying Confused (Take the windows taskbar auto-hide feature as a good example).

Have you implemented what we dicussed here ?

Anything about that ?

The switch to full unicode mode is also a great thing. The problem with the direction of words in a right to left language still exists though.

Great job and thanks a lot, this is all much appriciated. I was going to go home just when I got the email, I think I'm gonig spend a bit longer here now Confused
(don't tell my boss about this ! Rolling Eyes )
Site Admin

Quote:
Have you implemented what we dicussed here ?

Partially.
Version 3.3 has some problems with HEREDOC statements. In particular Code Explorer in 3.3 may not see the remaining part of code after HEREDOC and you had to type one more semicolon ";" after HEREDOC to get it working.

Now it's works fine. I mean just released v 4.0.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I noticed that the syntax highlighting now works for HEREDOC, and have already started utilizing the new toy Very Happy .I meant the more advanced stuff - the exposed dll or otherwise a way to control the syntax highlighting logic.
Site Admin

Currently there is no software API is available for the IDE, yet.
Probably the first step in this direction will be done in the next version.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I see now that the problem with the direction of the words is solved, inside a string (I guess it's the underlying control doing it ?). So a piece of RTL text inside a string appears correctly, and incorrectly outside of a string.

Obviously that is neglectible, as there is no reason for foreign languages to appear outside a string.
Re: PHPEd 4.0 !

Post-O-Matic wrote:

I love what you have done with the docks. This is brilliant. But I am desperatly looking for the checkbox that kills the sliding feature as it's just making the whole thing too slow and therefore a bit annoying Confused (Take the windows taskbar auto-hide feature as a good example).

I agree here. This is very annoying. There must be some way to disable it, it's an "in the way" thing, lowering productivity because we wait for superfluous animations.

Is there a registry setting or something for this? I'm going to look at the configuration files and see if there is an undocumented switch.

But if not, please please please in the next minor version upgrade add a feature to "[ ] Superfluous Docking Animation" thanks.
View user's profileFind all posts by Rick ChristySend private messageYahoo Messenger
Re: PHPEd 4.0 !

Rick Christy wrote:
Post-O-Matic wrote:

I agree here. This is very annoying. There must be some way to disable it, it's an "in the way" thing, lowering productivity because we wait for superfluous animations.

When the slide-out window is visible, you will notice a sideways "pushpin" icon. Click on it and your window will no longer slide.
Site Admin

correct, sliding windows can be pinned to avoid such a super-animation Smile
Pinned windows can be grouped together to construct interface similar to v3.3.
PHPEd 4.0 !