NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Phped 3.3 php help option

I am new with phped and saw in the demo i am able to get help on php commands by selecting the php statement and do shift-f1 i have tryed it at home but i dont see the help as in the demo. Do i have found a bug? Do i make an error here?
Site Admin

by pressing Ctrl-F1 (or menu help->Context Help) you may get a php manual listing a help page for the php function you have typed.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
by pressing Ctrl-F1 (or menu help->Context Help) you may get a php manual listing a help page for the php function you have typed.

Well the Menu help > Context Help does work as it should, but the ctrl- f1 does not give any reaction. I am using phped 3.3. Does ctrl-f1 work at your place in 3.3?

It it possible to check the key settings somewhere??
Site Admin

Quote:
Does ctrl-f1 work at your place in 3.3?

Yes it does. To check just type
Code:
<?php phpin|fo() ?>
where "|" denotes cursor position (not a symbol!) and press Ctrl-F1, it will bring you help on phpinfo function.
As I told before it works for standard php functions.

Quote:
It it possible to check the key settings somewhere??

Yes, for IDE-wide shortcuts you'd check Tools->settings, IDE shortcuts tab. For editor shortcuts you'd check Tools->settings, Editor shortcuts.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Strange. I have tryed on a win98 workstation and a win2000 workstation and both of the systems seems not to accept the control f1.
I checked the key binding and it is ok in phped, changed the control f1 to alt f12 and .. working...

Could it be the control f1 combination is sometimes redirected on os level or driver level??
Site Admin

Ctrl-F1 is a combination that invokes context help on a standard php function _ONLY_. If you have typed anything else, help is _NOT_ invoked.

Sorry mayb i did not explain it clearly enough.

What i mean is that when i use ctrl-f1 on a php function it does _not_ work. But it does work when i remap the help function on another key combination.

My conclusion is that the combination of ctrl-f1 is a combination used by the os for another function or is not supported /not working on win98 and or win2000, possible cause is the ussage of regional settings i am using om both workstations.
Phped 3.3 php help option