NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PHPed 3.3.1 Find Dialog Box Problem..

Hey there, I was using the PHPed 3.3 Trial just this morning and was doing a little find and replace (Ctrl+F), which worked just fine.

I just updated to the new 3.3.1 trial, and now Ctrl+F won't do anything anymore. Also if I click the Search Menu and "Find", nothing pops up. Is this a bug, or am I just trippin?

I first updated right on top of 3.3, to 3.3.1 - then when I discovered the Find dialog didn't work I tried uninstalling and reinstalling.. still no luck.

Thanks
-Adam
Site Admin

Please make sure you run 3.3.1 build 3354.
If not, re-download it from the site.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Oh Yeah, I'm running 3353. I'll upgrade right away. Thanks Smile

here's another gotcha related to the Search dialog:

search for a term and use F3 to do "find next". your search term is saved/kept or whatever (obviously). now click somewhere else in the document and hit ctrl+f a second time, but click Cancel to cancel the search.

the second time into the dialog, the search term is auto-populated with whatever word the cursor is next to. clicking Cancel, I expected that my first search term would not get overwritten with this new word, but it does. immediately you cannot keep using F3 to find your original search term.

another minor detail that bothers me about the search dialog, is that when you right-click a directory in the Workspace explorer, and click Search in Files, the cursor is not automatically placed inside the Text to Find box.
Site Admin

Both problems are fixed in phped 3.3 update pack #2
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
PHPed 3.3.1 Find Dialog Box Problem..