NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PHPdoc - let me turn it off

Personally I find PHPdoc way to wordy and I have my own system which requires much less typing (it doesn't do as much as PHPdoc but I actually use it). Unfortunately, as soon as I start a line in a comment block with an asterisk (I'm using wiki-style markup for lists) PHPed insists on following my newline with another asterisk, [i]assuming[/i] I'm entering PHPdoc text. There seems to be no way to turn this off. Am I missing something?
View user's profileFind all posts by SB3DSend private messageVisit poster's website

Have you tried deleting it frm the Integration dialog in settings?

Interesting thought. This morning I looked at the integration settings and it seemed the best way to test your theory and still be able to easily undo the change was simply to open the PHP script which the integration system is calling (phpdoc.inc) and comment out the code so it doesn't do anything. So I did that and it had no effect. Looks to me as though that script is all about actually generating the documentation from the source files and that the asterisk thing I was whining about is something the editor does, kind of like the auto-completion and that kind of thing.
View user's profileFind all posts by SB3DSend private messageVisit poster's website
PHPdoc - let me turn it off