NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PHPdoc code completion

The PHPdoc tags consist of a impressive number of tags. Is there a way PHPEd could provide code completion for these tags? I tried to make a code template for inserting a PHPDoc block, but this doesn't show up in right alignment. Also adding the PHPDoc tags to reserved word list doesn't work.

I am looking for an easy way to insert a proper PHPdoc block in my code. Preferable by the IDE itself. An alternative might be by calling an external script. I have seen some, but all do not completely satisfy the needs.

Kind regards,
Marco

Silly me, didn't see the topic below, which is quite related to this one.

Nevertheless, I wonder how you manage to insert the proper PHPdoc blocks anywhere in your code.

Regards,
Marco

type /** [enter] and see what happens Wink

You're right, but thats only the start of the block and only the @desc is inserted.

If I want to insert another tag, I don't get any suggestions from the code completion for other tags, like @author, @version etc. I have seen it in Zend, but how about PHPed. Is there a way for customize this behaviour Question
Veteran

Also, the @desc tag is actually deprecated - now, the descriptions (short and long) have no special tag.

Additionally, the template that PhpED inserts has its alignment out of whack. The parser handles it just fine, but its visually nonstandard and somewhat ugly.

Incidentally, I'd like to see some intelligence, such as inserting enough @param tags to account for each function parameter, or inserting @throws tags for each exception type a function can throw.
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website

Code Templates work well for that...
PHPdoc code completion