NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

That's what I meant.

Anything ... meanwhile nearly 1 and a half months went by.

eutychus wrote:
Anything ... meanwhile nearly 1 and a half months went by.

The new version of PhpEd with PHP7 support was announced more than 4 months ago. At the present time the only way to debug the PHP7 code is to use the XDebug 2.4.0 with IDE, that supports it.

On the one hand, PhpEd is a great IDE, it's working really fast, supports remote files editing and has its own debugger. On the another hand, there are a lot of important features besides PHP7 support, that are missing in current PhpEd version and probably won't appear in future. I'm talking about Emmet support, custom code style options, multi-cursor support, autocomplete for file and directory names, static customizable inspections, Git integration, inline variable values display and many others.

Yes, someone could say that previously mentioned features are not important and the real web developer don't need them. I can't agree with it, because that features save my time. This is the main reason why I'm using the IDE instead of casual editor or built-in notepad. I don't want to waste a lot of time typing HTML tags or CSS properties, I don't want to search and copy file name and image size, when I'm working with CSS. Also I don't want to spend time on editing the same text again and again just because the editor doesn't support multi cursor. The editor could be blazing fast, but it doesn't really matter if my work goes slow with it.
php7 support