NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PHP Unit - "Class 'PHPUnit_Util_Printer' not found"

I am running the Phped 19 Trial. I get the following error message when I run a php unit test. Any way to resolve this?

ERROR:
PHP Fatal error: Class 'PHPUnit_Util_Printer' not found in C:\Users\jeffphilapy\AppData\Roaming\NuSphere\PhpED\unitTest\phpUnitListener.php on line 7

Fatal error: Class 'PHPUnit_Util_Printer' not found in C:\Users\jeffphilapy\AppData\Roaming\NuSphere\PhpED\unitTest\phpUnitListener.php on line 7

EDIT:
I am running PHPEd via Parallels on Mac
Site Admin

What version of phpUnit are you using?
PhpUnit packages shipped with PhpED are known to work good and they have this class.
Newer versions, especially if they were released _after_ we released PhpED v19, may not be backward compatible and therefore may produce errors.

I am using the default phpunit that comes configured in phped 19.

C:\Users\webdev\AppData\Roaming\NuSphere\PhpED\unitTest\phpunit-6.1.3.phar
Site Admin

Oh, got it, that's the problem. v6 should not have been included because it's not backward compatible, but v5 seems to be forward compatible.
Pre-v6 PHPUnit_Framework_TestListener class is now PHPUnit\Framework\TestListener and seems it's supported by v5.
We'll release update to fix this issue

dmitri wrote:
Oh, got it, that's the problem. v6 should not have been included because it's not backward compatible, but v5 seems to be forward compatible.
Pre-v6 PHPUnit_Framework_TestListener class is now PHPUnit\Framework\TestListener and seems it's supported by v5.
We'll release update to fix this issue

Ok thanks. Please keep me informed.

Hi Dimitri.

Could you please tell me when the release will be done, since I'm currently starting PHPUnit implementation in the department and everyone are waiting for me to start unit testing Wink

I c'ant go back to version 5 since we have just pass on php 7.3, which is not supported by PHPUnit v5

If you could just provide the files to replace, it would be ok, because I'm a bit in a hurry.

Thanks
PHP Unit - "Class 'PHPUnit_Util_Printer' not found"