NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PHP topics not displaying in help for PhpED version 5918

I have just upgraded from V5916 to V5918.

When i try to display data in the PHP manual from the 'Help' tab, i get 'This program cannot display the webpage'.

For example, i want to look up the 'strpos' function, so i click the 'Index' tab, enter 'strpos' and click the search icon (the binoculars). I get 3 hits, all in the "PHP Manual'. When i double click anyof these i get the error.

I can access other documentation, it seems to be only topics that are in the PHP Manual that i can't display.

I did not restart my machine following the upgrade as I don't normally do so.

Does anyone have any idea what I have (or haven't) done that i shouldn't (or should) have done when i upgraded? please.

Thanks in anticipation.
View user's profileFind all posts by ABoolsSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guru master

This might be a longshot, but take a look in the PhpED installation folder. You should find a help folder in there. Right click on the "php_manual_en.chm" file and choose properties. If there is an "Unblock" button, click it. With any luck that will solve your problem.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks Blizz, there was no 'Unblock' button/option, but your suggestion got me thinking (a rare thing for me), so I explored the PhpED settings.

When I removed the PHP manual from the list of "Attached Manuals" (Tools|Settings|Help) and then added it, it seemed to sort itself out.

I guess I should have done that yesterday, but I am so used to PhpEd just working, and I had all sorts of other issues on the go yesterday, today is a little less hectic.

Thanks again.

Regards, Andrew
View user's profileFind all posts by ABoolsSend private messageVisit poster's website
PHP topics not displaying in help for PhpED version 5918