NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PHP IDE V9.0 - Drag and drop between two remote folders

Is it just me or has the ability to drag from one folder in one explorer window to another gone? It doesn't seem to be working anymore. I used this feature more than anything else probably.

Any way to change it?
Site Admin

hmm, it works for me.
Did you check View->Tabs->Transfers?
Any errors? If nothing -- it works fine.
Perhaps you didn't configure Root directory in the account and this is what changed in v9. Now with empty root, it falls back to default directory for the account (which is in most cases user's home directory) instead of server root. So your files may appear in different location than before.

I have a similar issue. When making new functionality, I typically use a template that I keep handy so that I do not have to recreate the base structures over and over. In the previous edition, I could just grab these files and drag them to the new folder and the files would copy but leave the originals intact. Now, it is a pure MOVE function. I am so used to the little popup window asking to confirm the copy that I totally missed that it now says it is a MOVE function. This completely threw me for a loop as I had moved multiple files and then stuff just stopped working in places.

Put back the COPY functionality and if someone wants it to act like the MOVE, put it in the options. Please DO NOT JUST MAKE these changes after all these years like this.
Guru master

I agree and I prefer COPY rather than MOVE. It was actually one of those things I thought PhpED had correct, now it is changed! In most situations I am wanting to copy a file so I can use it as a template and change it. Make it an option for those who really do want a move.
Veteran

See forum.nusphere.com/phped-9-moving-file-to-remote-sever-t8876.html.

Cheers,
Jan
PHP IDE V9.0 - Drag and drop between two remote folders