Reply to topic
PHP doc. What's going on with it??

Hi there.

When I type /** and pres enter I recive something like this:
Code:
/**
*@desc
*/

What's this?? @desc is not even a valid phpdoc tag. When are you going to change it?? It does not matter if it's hard-coded into exe or done by some integration script, but it should be done long time ago. Also look here: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=183352
in short: implementation for new phpdoc tags @property and @method for magic methods like __set, __get, __call.

Also there should be a space before * starting from second line, example:
Code:
/**
 */

When I can expect this to be implemented? This is the only thing that stops me from buying PhpEd when my evaluation period will end.

One more small thing: is it posible to add timestamp to transfers log window??

At the end I'd like to say that PhpEd is the best php IDE I've come across, but this lack of phpdoc ruins everything....

Dude. You must be kidding. These guys add new features all the time, and they always look to the community suggestions when deciding what features to add.

Ask Nice.

"When I can expect this to be implemented?"

is not going to cut it.

And sure, it is nice when the IDE creates the PHPDoc comment blocks automatically, but give me a break! With all of the great features in this IDE and you say that this one miniscule little thing ruins everything??

Good grief.

I'd like to see an extra space before * on the trailing lines as well along with some of the following changes when there is time.

- Drop @desc and replace it with an extra blank '*' line

- Include '@param unknown {$varname}' for all method/function parameters if the next line was a function call.
- Likewise make it clever and determine if the phpdoc insert is for a variable and add the @var bit along with @access if it's for a class property.

I agree with rodericksimpson. They are very reactive and do listen to bug reports and feature requests.

rodericksimpson wrote:
Dude. You must be kidding. These guys add new features all the time, and they always look to the community suggestions when deciding what features to add.

I love PHPeD and believe it to the best PHP IDE, but I'd disagree here, there are very long gaps between mayor releases and we're very rarely notified about up and coming features.

I know Dimtri will say this is to keep the edge over competition, but the competition can't come close, yet they still manage to release open beta's and expected features.

Wenihal,

May I suggest a work around ... slice it thinly and lay it next next to the glass...that would be the cheese that goes with your wine.

I doubt you'll ever really be satisfied with this feature. It's likely the devs won't be able to satisfy you with the arrangement they choose anyway since there isn't a prescribed default set. After all, what are you phpdoc'ing? A function or a class etc, etc. You get the point right? So while Roderick and I ask pleasantly on your behalf, you type up an entire series of code templates, using all variations of the "valid phpdoc tags" you might want to use then hit "CNTL J".

Your problem is solved with fewer keystrokes anyway.

How about that.

Best regards,

Randy
View user's profileFind all posts by randySend private messageVisit poster's website
PHP doc. What's going on with it??