NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] php-cgi.exe not found on debug start

I just installed the PHPed evaluation edition and am trying to debug a command line script. I set up a workspace for my project, then opened the PHP script I want to debug and pressed F9.

I am getting the following error in a dialog when i do this: "CGI handler 'C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped\php5\php-cgi.exe' not found. Look at "Settings..."

I looked at settings but can't figure out what the problem is -- php-cgi.exe does in fact exist and I am able to execute phpInfo() when i run it interactively.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tim
Site Admin

What runmode did you set? Is it "HTTP/SRV web server"? Please also check if PHPRC environment variable is set. For proper working it should not be set.

I have got the same problem. I want to debug a command line application. Run mode is Local CGI. The path to the PHP-CGI.EXE is correct (in Settings > SRV web server). I hit F5 and a dialog telling me that the PHP-CGI.EXE was not found shows. PHPRC is not set.

I have Vista.
Site Admin

It looks like file does not exist, otherwise it would work.
Could you please check twice the directory and its content with Windows Explorer?
With Vista you may get problems with "virtual" files that are there only for one user and are not there for any other.

The path is corrent: C:\Program Files\PHP\PHP5\php-cgi.exe. I am an administrator so access rights should not be a problem. When I use the path in a command line, php-cgi starts just fine. I also tried the PHP shipped with PhpEd, but it was the same.
Site Admin

Looks like this is a Vista-specific error and happens only if run mode is set to Local CGI / php.exe mode.
Could you please check it and change to Http/Local SRV web server?

I am experiencing the same issue on Vista. I have confirmed that I can debug a script using the Http/Local SRV mode but not using Local CGI / php.exe mode.

Is there any solution to this? I would like to be able to debug applications that I have written to run in command-line mode.
Site Admin

Quote:
Is there any solution to this?

it's a clear that the problem is caused by Vista innovations. Currently we have no workarounds and are doing our best to find one.

I am surprised this hasn't been mentioned already, but I am pleased to say I downloaded the latest build and this issue has been fixed!
[resolved] php-cgi.exe not found on debug start