NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PHP 7.2 debugger support

Hi,

Is there a plan to release the PHP 7.2 extension?

Thank you.
View user's profileFind all posts by Archon810Send private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

It will be released as a component of PhpED v19

Thanks Dmitri.

Is there any timeframe on V19 please?

I've been running 7.2.0 for a couple of weeks now and I'm missing the debugger.

Regards,
Andrew.
View user's profileFind all posts by EABoolsSend private messageVisit poster's website

Same here, upgraded too fast and have been really missing the debugger.
View user's profileFind all posts by Archon810Send private messageVisit poster's website

I also suspect something is up with NuSphere, unfortunately.
We are trying to convert from PHP5 to PHP7.2 and have been without a debugger for well over 4 weeks, this is seriously impacting us.
If this goes on much longer, I'm going to suggest we investigate other PHP IDE's.
PHP 7.2 came out 30-Nov and it's now 1st Feb.
There were 7.2 release candidates back as far as last August.
Since PHP V18 supports PHP 7.1, is it not possible to get an update to the V18 debugger to support 7.2?
View user's profileFind all posts by EABoolsSend private messageVisit poster's website

Again, according to Dmitri's linkedIn page, he works for another company now. NuSphere/PHPEd is clearly a side project for him at this point.

Thanks JoeMama, I don't often get onto LinkedIn, I wish Dmitri well.

I guess it's back to PHP 7.1. I can't face choosing another IDE yet, it's too early in the week, and I need (several) coffees before starting.

What alternative PHP environments do you propose?

Hi jaclas,

Good question. I've been a bit slow looking as I'm still hoping that PhpED V19 will appear.

I've been having a quick look at PHPStorm, on a 30 day trial. It looks ok so far but I don't think the debugging is as easy to use as PhpED, I could be wrong, I've only just got it to work.

Ideally I need PHP and JS debugging which PhpED provides fairly easily.

I still need to look at some other IDEs before parting with my (companies) cash. Choosing an IDE, like choosing a text editor, is a very personal thing. You need to be comfortable with it and know all its idiosyncrasies.

I got some good news. I'm in touch with the developer (Dmitri) who assured me PHPEd is not a side project, and PHPEd 19 will be released very soon.

Quote:
PhpED is not a side project. It's a major project for the company and there is absolutely no ground to even think about demise.
ETA for v19 - currently it's in beta testing. Will be in public beta testing on this week. Then will be released in ~ a month.

So here's hoping that we'll all be updated and able to debug PHP 7.2 soon.

Thanks Archon810 and Dmitri.

I hope the testing goes well.

I got my hands on a debug build, and so far so good! Debugging is finally back for 7.2, and I'm so happy.
PHP 7.2 debugger support