NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
PHP 4.3.10 & Freebsd 5.4

I am running version 4.01 of phped, and on server PHP 4.3.10 on Freebsd 5.4. I downloaded the debugger package from my account at nusphere, [ NuSphere PHP Debugger 2.16.20, FreeBSD 4.10 and higher] and extracted the file, dbg-2.16.20-FreeBSD-4.10\dbg-2.16.20-FreeBSD-4.10\i386\dbg.so-4.3.10 and placed it on the server at /usr/local/lib/php/extensions , also modified the file php.ini and added lines:

Code:
extension_dir = /usr/local/lib/php/extensions
extension=dbg.so-4.3.10
[debugger]
debugger.enabled=on
debugger.profiler_enabled=on
debugger.ports=7869

After this phpinfo() function displays that debugger is enabled and running fine:

Code:
dbg
DBG php debugger, version 2.16.20, Copyright 2001, 2005 Dmitri Dmitrienko, http://www.nusphere.com/dbg

Version    2.16.20
Linked    as a shared library.
Dbg security    enabled.
Profiler    compiled, enabled
Target PHP version    4.3.10
Server API    Apache
Extensions API    20021010
Modules API    20020429
PHP API    20020918

configured the client phpedit as 3rf party server and everything else, but I always get these error when trying to run the files:

Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in /home/test_env/XXXXX/inc/XXXX.inc.php on line 7

I am also using Mysql 4.1, also once the debugger gets turned on, all my other extensions do not show up in phpinfo() print out, for example before turing on the debugger extension Mysql module shows up in the phpinfo() output, but after turing the debugger extension on, mysql module disappears from phpinfo() output page.

Am I using the wrong debugger extension or something, I am a paying customer of your product, since version 3.0 of phped. I need help with making the remote debugging work. Thanks.
Site Admin

as far as I see there are two problems, athough not related to each other.
first, PHPED 4.0.1 package contains DBG 2.18 and does reqires this version (see phped\debugger\server directory).
Probably, DBG 2.16 is available to you because you purchased PHPED 3.3 before.

Quote:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect()

This problem may happen if you "forgot" to include mysql extension. Check php.ini and phpinfo.
See "General FAQ" forum for further details.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
PHP 4.3.10 & Freebsd 5.4