NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
permissions

I was told to set permissions to 755 and 644, will the php code created with nusphere work with these settings, our webmaster was unsure, but recommended those settings.

Thanks for any help, I'm a newbie!

Fred.
Guru master

The permissions on the files at server end do not really matter for phped. As long as it/you can overwrite the files during saving and the webserver can read them, everything should work fine.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
permissions

thanks for the reply, what I really meant to ask is will seting those permissins allow our php code to run properly? I'm just getting involved in this web site, so I'm not sure what standards it was built to other than knowing they used phped.

Thanks for any info

Fred.

also for all I know these permissions are already set?
Veteran

The file permission on the server may indeed matter with some PHP configurations. If your server uses Phpsuex, for example, then PHP scripts are not allowed to be executable or writeable by others. I think 0644 (read and write by user, read by group, and read by others) should be safe for most (if not all) situations. Directory permissions are typically set to 0755.