NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Perforce

The source control for CVS is great and all, but it would be nice if there was also a perforce option.

I second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth this. Everyone here that works with PhpEd would LOVE to see perforce integration. Even the most simple thing of when you start to type in a file that isn't opened for edit, it is either automatically opened for edit or a dialogue box pops up confirming you'd like to open the file for edit. Even that trivial bit would be a great fix for the annoyance factor. It sucks when you open a file via grep results or some other method than being right in the folder and you then have to open an explorer window and navigate to wherever the file resides and right click->perforce->open for edit every time.

thanks!

I seventh this request.

Guys, I just started in a new company that uses Perforce and was surprised my favorite PHPEd doesn't support it.

I've managed to make it so that you can press Alt-E and it would p4 edit the file you're in to make P4 at least a bit integrated into PHPEd. If anyone is interested, I'll post the actual methods of doing so. I've only done the edit command but any command is possible, with any shortcut key that you want.

Artem
View user's profileFind all posts by Archon810Send private messageVisit poster's website
Guru master

There is an integration forum specially for things like that, you could post your code there and it wouldn't fall of the grid with the adding of new topics Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Perforce