NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Option to switch off "current line" highlighting

This is a minor one but...

I really dislike having the current line I am editing highlighted (the background goes grey). I'd much rather just have the cursor. I find the grayed highlighting on the current line distracting and all other IDEs I have used have the option to switch this kind of thing off - but I couldn't find this in the options anywhere Sad

Maybe I've missed something obvious - but if not how about adding a "Highlight current line" checkbox to the options. Or even better - allowing people to define their own colors for the highlight? (IntelliJ IDEA is a good example to look at for this configurability).

Ooops - wasn't logged in when I posted this - so just so you know where it came from...
Site Admin

You can effectively set it off by assigning the same color as the editor background color.
See color dropdown button in the right-top corner of Colors tab in the settings dialog.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I find that rather annoying ... there should be a checkbox that lets you instantly disable line highlighting.
my 2 cents
Veteran

I'd rather see other stuff get fixed, personally, since there is an easy workaround and lots of other issues!
Option to switch off "current line" highlighting