NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

+1 for multiple file tab rows. Current status is definitely a pain in the asset and keeps me switching back and forth between UltraEdit & phpEd. A real performance killer.
(YEAH! 3 pages of requests over 3 years now...)

Same here!

Although I've recently discovered Ctrl+Tab which really helps!

Wow -- let's get this to four pages of requests for multi-row tabs. PHPed is such a great editor -- so many lesser editors have this feature.

Also, an option to show a path in the tabs for those of use working w/ Zend or Kohana would be great!

having to deal with more that 10 files at a time for a task means that the project is not well organized or you just open files u don't really need just to keep track of them... you are doing it wrong.

I use UltraEdit for keeping track of junk that I might need some time (logs, snippets, links, debug stuff )... and PhpEd only for actual coding.. and I worked on really big projects and never found the open file bar too little...

shovels wrote:
Is there any way of having the files which are opened listed in a window, similar to the code navigator? I too have many files open at once, having a list of them at the side in a dockable window would make switching must faster. Even if I could just make the 'Window List Popup' dockable would be a great improvement!

Multiple rows of tabs would be OK, but it starts to eat up screen real-estate from the wrong direction if the only two options are 'top' and 'bottom' - 'Side' would be great!

Pretty please from me too!!!

Second that! I'm using Ultraedit which supports mulitple rows. But in my opinion even better is a open file tab at the left of the editor window. I'm using that in Visual Studio with a plugin.

Any update?

I hope that if this is implemented it will be an option in the settings because personally, I like it the way it is. I often have enough files open to take 3 rows of tabs and I would not want to see that. I don't mind using the small arrows to search left and right, or even better just re-openning the file and the tab is automatically selected (the file is not open twice).
Site Admin

Multitabs won't be implemented in near future.
Docking is flexible enough to arrange multiple file groups, multiple rows, multiple columns. Try to use it.