NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Site Admin

It is available. With version 5.2 you can get File Tab on the bottom. See Tools->Settings->IDE Settings, "Show file tabs on bottom" checkbox.

Exact ... multiple rows of tabs would be very nice.
Multiple Rows and save file group

I concur with the comments about multiple rows of file tabs. Additionally it would be a HUGE help if I could save the group of open files, perhaps with the workspace or something, so that I can quickly change between projects and have the files I'm using for that project opened automatically.

Yes, multiple-rows of file tabs would be great. Please include that feature soon.
View user's profileFind all posts by skalirSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerICQ Number

Hear hear! The scrolling open file tab thing is EXTEMELY irritating.

Please get this multi-row open file tab thing in there asap!!!

yeah pls include the multi row

dmitri wrote:
It is available. With version 5.2 you can get File Tab on the bottom. See Tools->Settings->IDE Settings, "Show file tabs on bottom" checkbox.

Thanks for the info.
In the last days I switched from Zend Eclipse to PHPEd and I was like crazy trying to figure out how to have the tabs on bottom (didn't find this info even on Google nor internal help - wrong search terms?).

I come from the old Zend days + EditPlus, where the tabs are all on bottom, so having them on top was pretty annoying.

Cool

dmitri wrote:
Smile
thanks. We'll include this into development plans.

That was November, 2006! Over two years ago! Two forum pages of people asking for multiple rows of tabs, and nothing in the program yet. Later on, Dmitri said that "This Feature is available in 5.2", but I think he was referring to putting the tabs on the bottom, and not multiple rows of tabs. I personally don't care if the tabs are on the top or the bottom, but multiple rows would be a HUGE thing. I constantly have 20-30 files open at the same time. No longer do we work in an environment where a text file or two defined a web page. We have to have PHP, CSS, & JavaScript files open for each web page, to say nothing of the help page, output page, and any other supplemental pages like templates, class files, etc. And that's just for one web page! How many people work on one web page at a time?

Further, it would be great to be able to save a group of open files, so that group could be closed and later reopened, eliminating the need to re-open each file individually. Changing from one project task to another would be much easier.

+1

Please, NuSphere =)
Pretty pretty please with sugar on top?

Maybe if I add my "pretty please" then we can get this to 3 pages of request for a post that started so long ago for a basic feature that so many editors seem to have.

Sorry to be negative but this is a feature that would stop an almost constant irritation as I always seem to have more files open than phped allows across the top of the screen.

thanks!!!!!!
Ditto

+1

Is there any way of having the files which are opened listed in a window, similar to the code navigator? I too have many files open at once, having a list of them at the side in a dockable window would make switching must faster. Even if I could just make the 'Window List Popup' dockable would be a great improvement!

Multiple rows of tabs would be OK, but it starts to eat up screen real-estate from the wrong direction if the only two options are 'top' and 'bottom' - 'Side' would be great!

Pretty please from me too!!!
open file tabs