NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Open Document (Tabs) Navigation

I'd like to ask that you bring back the little "left & right" buttons that used to be on the open document tab bar. I usually work with about 25 - 50 files open at any one time and it's always a struggle to get to the one I want and since I have a 22'' screen, it's a schlep to always drag the cursor all the way over to the right side of the screen to pick the document I want to work on from the drop-down. Sometimes, the document I want to switch to is right next to the active doc in the tab bar but just out of view then I really miss the little left and right arrows which would have enabled me to simply click the left or right button once and immediately get to the doc/file I want to work on. I know about the "Ctrl+Tab" function but I find it a little counter intuitive that the files are ordered in an arbitrary way on the bar, alphabetiacally in the drop-down menu, and differently yet again in the "Ctrl+Tab" list?!

Also, since there are usually 4 or 5 files grouped together that I work on simultaneously, would it not be possible to right click on a tab and select "center" which would cause the selcted file and it's neigbours to become centered on the tab bar so switching between them would become easier?

There's really nothing else about PHPED that I can complain about. It's the absolute best PHP IDE i've ever worked with but this little issue is continually irritating me and wasting my time.

Thanks,

Barry Scheepers
Site Admin

Quote:
I know about the "Ctrl+Tab" function but I find it a little counter intuitive that the files are ordered in an arbitrary way on the bar

they are sorted in either of the two ways depending on "MDI-style switching" option in the IDE settings:
1. when this option is off, Ctrl+Tab switched to the file on the right to the current one, Ctrl+Shift+Tab does the same in the opposite direction.
2. when this option is on, files are sorted in "access time" order. So if you open a file and press Ctrl+Tab it will return back the file that was opened before. If you press Ctrl+Tab again it will return to the newly opened file. This is the way all MDI applications work, this is why the option has that name.

Thanx for expounding on the description thats in the "help" section on the MDI setting. I've switched the MDI option to "off" and now I'm a happy camper.
Open Document (Tabs) Navigation