NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Open a second IDE instance version PHPED 5.2

I have been running PHPED 5.2 on WIN XP for about 4 weeks now, very good, but I now cannot open Php pages on Internet Explorer on my local IIS server it brings Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() where it doesn't recognise php commands, where everything worked before. Opening a second instance of phped would solve this problem but I can't find any answers on that although I remember somthing popping up to that effect during installation? I aslo notice that in the Environment Variables (My Computer properties) PHPRC keeps being changed to PHPRC~ which I suspect is why IE can't access the php interpretor. Any Answers? How to open a second instance of PhpED IDE?

Chris
Site Admin

--mi command line option (stands for multiple instances) will let you run unlimited number of instances.

regarding PHPRC renamed to PHPRC~:
IDE has asked you to remove this entry when noticed this entry for the first time. If you did not uncheck "don't ask anymore" and agreed, you allowed the IDE to perform the same action without confirmation (this is stored in Fix_PHPRC.

On the other hand, IDE does not perform any checks for PHPRC if it works with IIS or Apache or any other 3rd party web servers, it checks only when it works with SRV server and it's done intentionally to avoid problems that would otherwise happen with two different php versions installed on the machine.

I am unable to find fix Fix_PHPRC anywhere can you tell me where and what it is, a file or a setting or a ini entry?

Also I cannot get the command line option to work in DOS or RUN commands where exactly do you add this switch and can it be made permanent?

Fix_PHPRC value is in this path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NuSphere\PhpED5.2\DoNotShowDialogs

Quote:
Also I cannot get the command line option to work in DOS or RUN commands

Did you try to run c:\program files\nusphere\phped\phped.exe --mi ?

Yes I did and "C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped\phped.exe --mi" is the correct path. However running "C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped\phped.exe" without the --mi opens the program but it won't open a second instance I also tried various other combination using "/--mi" and % etc and nothing works

Quote:
without the --mi opens the program but it won't open a second instance

it's 2nd instance should be run with --mi. Otherwise it will activate the 1st one. You can't run more than one instance without --mi option.

Yes, with the first instance already running then trying to open a second with "C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped\phped.exe --mi" windows rejects the command, in fact it seems to reject any kind of switch. Run command will not except
C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped\phped.exe --mi
or
C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped\phped.exe /--mi

The error "is unable to find file" but to prove that it is the right path this works for the first instance
C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped\phped.exe
which proves the path

Since there is a space in the command line you should quote it because you are also using parameters:
"C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped\phped.exe" --mi
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thank you my friend you have fixed the problem, I did not think that windows would except spaces out of quotes because entering C:/Program files causes windows to com back with 'cannot find C:/Program' and the its does not receive the space or anything after it. However obviously it is different with parameters. Thank all is now working as it should.