NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Only debug in already open sources

It would be very nice the debugger would only do something in open source windows in PHPEd.
Now after a debug session I end up with much more open sources because PHPEd opens them while debugging.

When I'm debugging, I want to debug on what I'm working with. Not on every include or external functions!

Scub.
Site Admin

It's not a really wise suggestion Smile
Look, you step into an included file instead of steping it over and what would PHPED do? It just have to step in - what you get is what you want. Wink
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

[quote="ddmitrie"]It's not a really wise suggestion Smile
Look, you step into an included file instead of steping it over and what would PHPED do? It just have to step in - what you get is what you want. Wink[/quote]

Well, this is not exactly what I want. Imagine i have to make a change in an existing php script i'm not familar with so I do not have any idea if functions are defined in that script or another.

Now, I have to think on every function do I want to press F7 or F8, most of the time resulting in a lot more open windows that I wanted. It would be nice if the debugger, in case I press F7 the bebugger sees the next step would result in opening a new source, askes me if Ireally want to open the new script and continue debugging in that new script, or just run the code and stops on the next line in the open source window.

It would be a nice feature (i still think), but prehaps I'm the only one Sad

Regards, Scub.
Site Admin

okay. I'll think about this Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Only debug in already open sources