NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
ODBC_Connect works with NuSphere PhpEd but not without it.

I installed Apache webserver, php5 and created a system DSN on my local Windows XP machine to connect to a remote MSSQL database server. I successfully tested the system DSN connectivity from within ODBC Data source administrator. I was trying to connect to a remote MSSQL server using a system DSN in my php script on my local machine and getting this error:"odbc_connect() [function.odbc-connect]: SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'MSM\ADCC-LPTP$'., SQL state 28000 in SQLConnect in C:\Web\WebServer\htdocs\MSSqlConn.php on line 11"

But when I installed Nuspeher PHPed 5.2 and I run the same script from within Nusphere, it works without an error. It gets connected to the remote MSSQL server and shows the results of my query.

What is Nusphere doing different for the odbc_connect to go through? I need to know this so that I can configure php or apache on the production server correctly to work with Remote database server.

Thanks,

Deep
Site Admin

Quote:
What is Nusphere doing different for the odbc_connect to go through?

Almost nothing. What you got with PhpED 5.2 is nothing more but official PHP binaries downloaded from snaps.php.net.
I think it's better to ask where you got php5 that you installed and that did not work. Wink

Thanks for the reply, but the problem seems to be with webserver configuration. i copied all the php files including php.ini from nusphere/phped/php5 folder to my original php folder, and tried to run my php scripts using my earlier installation of apache, when nusphere was not running, but apache was running. I still get the same error :"odbc_connect() [function.odbc-connect]: SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'MSM\ADCC-LPTP$'., SQL state 28000 in SQLConnect in C:\Web\WebServer\htdocs\MSSqlConn.php on line 11"

Any clues what's wrong. Many thanks for your help.

Deep
Site Admin

I think php.general newsgroup would be more appropriate for this question.