NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
occasionally debugger does not recognize end of debugsession

I'm not sure exactly how to reproduce this but it happens quite frequently now. When debugging sometimes the session ends but PhpEd still thinks its debugging as the file still has the blue breakpoint dots down the gutter. Once in this state the debugger no longer hits breakpoints and you have to close it and open it again. Any ideas?

Andrew
Site Admin

perhaps it's your server is not stable or something like this. You may want to open apache error_log and check for fatal failures.
Then check if your code crashes php, such things are happenning too.
Finally, I'd recommend to remove all php opcode caches if you're using any.

Hi Dmitri,

I've checked the error log and nothing there. We're not using any caching or optimiser as this is just our development environment (we use WAMP on our seperate machines). This behaviour is new since 5.8 and at least one other developer on our team is reporting the same behaviour. In the image below you can see the behaviour - Breakpoint dots in the gutter but the debug toolbar doesn't think it's debugging.

Site Admin

I see no problems in your screenshot.
Please open Call stack and check where current execution point is.
Also please check caption of the IDE main window. During debug session it shows the debugger status too.

maybe the bigger screen will explain better this situation.

Hi Dimitri,

The problem in the screen shot is that you can see PHP Ed is not in debug mode (the play buttons are both enabled, the toolbars all reset to editing mode and my script has finished successfully). Despite this the blue circles in the gutter still appear and I can no longer debug and must close and open phped to get things back on track. It seems to happen most often when if I stop debugging mid session rather than letting it play to the end

Andrew
Site Admin

Quote:
maybe the bigger screen will explain better this situation.

Sorry, still can't get the poing. Could you please explain in details?

Quote:
When debugging sometimes the session ends but PhpEd still thinks its debugging as the file still has the blue breakpoint dots down the gutter.

I'm not sure what makes you thinking that the debug session is ended? If you see blue dots, debugger is not ended. Log window suggests that 2 session was started and ended, but tells nothing whether another session was started before.
Full log from dbglistener window from the point where IDE was attached, would make things clearer.

The thing is that there is no another session :S

As you asked i've added dbg listener log.

This time error happened as soon as i clicked on "Run in debugger". Exactly on run was made, and the ide hasn't seen the end of debugging session (or better: only blue dots are still there, debugger's buttons are ready for new debug session and there is no "stop debug" button)

I'm pretty sure that acuthbert's issue is the same
Guru master

I've had some occasions where the blue bar (active code line) remained on screen after a session. Once the dots as well, but haven't found any way to reproduce it so I never reported it.

Anyway, just wanted to state that here to add some extra weight to your point (that it does happen).

There's so much going on behind the screens that a glitch happens sometimes, even if it doesn't show up during testing rounds.
The problem is that before it can be fixed you should be able to reliably reproduce the behavior (preferably also include the source, or the smallest possible number of lines from it).
Unless you can do that it is extremely hard for them to solve such cases.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

With 5.9 build 5913 the problem is still there.

But maybe i was finally able to isolate case usage for this issue
When i launch this php file:
Code:

<?php
//require_once("starter.php");
error_reporting(0);

try{
    switch ($_REQUEST["act"]){
        case "check_email":
            if (!$func->email_check($_GET["email"])){
                die("0");
            }
            die("1");
            break;

case "listaLocalita":
            $result = array();
            try{
                $client = new SoapClient($SOAPSERVER);
                $sp = new soap($client);
                $listaCitta = $sp->SiaListaLocalita("",$_POST["oidNazione"],$_POST["oidProvincia"]);
                if (count($listaCitta)>0){
                    foreach ($listaCitta as $citta){
                        $result[$citta->oid] = ucwords(strtolower($citta->nome)) . " - " . $citta->cap;
                    }
                    asort($result);
                }
                die (json_encode($result));
            }
            catch(Exception $e){
                die($e->getMessage());
            }
            break;

}
}
catch(Exception $e){
    die($e->getMessage());
}
?>

without any breakpoints, just with the row like this: test.php?DBGSESSID=400885167320600001;d=1,p=0,c=0 the problem manifests itself. It happens both with remote and local debugging.

Can someone confirm or deny this with their copy of PhpEd (5.8 or 5.9)?

Thanks in advance.
Site Admin

it's supposedly fixed in 5919 with dbg 3.8.7

I'm having this same problem with build 5916. I ended the debug session, run the file normally and it loads fine (and there are no blue buttons anywhere in the gutter). However whenever that file sends out an Ajax request, the debug session magically restarts and I must manually press "Run to Cursor" on every call. I have tried closing PhpED several times and restarting, all to no avail.

Edit: Missed that you said its fixed in 5919. Will update IDE and the debugger and see if that works.
occasionally debugger does not recognize end of debugsession