NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Nusphere just hangs when scanning a huge directory

We have a directory structure of serveral hundred php files and websites. Why do nusphere just hang scanning that? Is there something I can do to let it to do it better?

Thanks
Veteran

Thank you for the post - could you please give us more details? Where does it hang, in which tab? The moree info the better - thank you!
Re: Nusphere just hangs when scanning a huge directory

aratani wrote:
We have a directory structure of serveral hundred php files and websites. Why do nusphere just hang scanning that? Is there something I can do to let it to do it better?

Without knowing more details (which may compromise your security, so not a good idea to post here) it's hard to recommend a methodology for breaking down large directories other than to say that breaking down websites into manageable subdirectories my enhance performance for both programmer and client.

For what it's worth, I've encountered problems with large directories as well - and not just with PhpED; as I've been breaking down a new client's old website, other FTP clients ran into problems as well, which led me to believe that either 1) My office connection was running poorly (which is unusual) or 2) my new client's old webserver was running poorly (which was, apparently, the source of them becoming *my* client). So the problem may be simply an issue of waiting for your office or provider connection to "clear up".

But still, if you have hundreds of files in a single directory, it's not a half-bad idea to break them down into separate folders.
Guru master

It's not always about just having them in one directory.
I have a couple of sites consisting out of several thousand files, and if I open one of those projects, phpED
insists on enumerating the entire tree to look for updated files. Luckily the "bug" in the past that this
tree was updated again upon each small change has been eliminated, but still...
I have to switch between projects several times a day and I usually time those switches with the in
need of a fresh cup of coffee Wink
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Well, seems we have to do something with it, just to avoid and harm to your health by overdosing with coffee Smile
Seriously, I'd like to polish next version to gain better performace. Could you please tell me some details on your projects like I've asked there updating-code-explorer-tree-t2053.html
Hope, you did not try to create one huge project for all the web sites. Obviously you created one or more projects per site, right?
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Nusphere just hangs when scanning a huge directory