NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] Nusphere debugger toolbar is mising in IE7/Vista

Anybody know how to get this debugger button thingy to show in IE7 on Vista? I've been able to get by without it so far, but now I find I really need the "debug next page" feature.

Ya, I know I probably shouldn't have installed Vista, but I've gone and done it and I'm staying on Vista for better or worse.

I've tried a number of re-installs, etc. Just won't show. I'm using vista 64-bit, not sure if that makes a difference. The only thing I've noticed in the event logs that might be related is windows defender producing a warning about registry changes for IE7.

Thanks.
Site Admin

did you try to right-click on the IE7 toolbar area and check "NuSphere Toolbar"?

Yes, I have tried it.

It doesn't show anywhere. I've gone through IE settings and looked at everything I can possibly find, there is no Nusphere button or anything to indicate that I need to 'check' or set the nusphere button to show.

Is there some way I can try to enable this manually? Is there a registry setting needed that I can try to edit?

I would be even happy if I can get this to work with Mozilla, I don't know if this is designed to work with Mozilla or not, but I have Mozilla installed also and it does not have such a button either.
Site Admin

with toolbar for IE, you might uncheck this option during install. Please check if C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped\nubar\NuSphereIEBar.dll is installed. If it's not installed, you need to reinstall the product and make sure the option is checked.

with toolbar for FireFox, it's a 3rd party product and is available from Mozilla official site.

Yes, the dll exists. But I have already tried reinstalling several times and checked that the option for the IE toolbar button is checked. It even shows in my control panel in the list of installed programs. This is clearly a bug with Nusphere in Vista.

I posted this message hoping there was some simple workaround like creating a specific registry key or maybe run regsrv32.

This is clearly a bug with Nusphere and IE in Vista.
Site Admin

I think there are no bugs in our code or in IE7/Vista related to the problem as it works fine for other people.
Most probably you have a 3rd party or MS malware removal tool that removes all IE7 plugins including NuSphere Toolbar as soon as they gets registered with IE.
To get it registered manually, you may run regsrv32 with dll.
If it does not help, you need to identify software that prevents it from registering and consult with authors.

There must be some bug, I am sure of it.

I have just gone back to my install image of Vista. That is, there are no third-party software installed. I then disabled Windows Defender from running. I have also regesitered it manually with regsvr32 but still no work.

Nusphere installs without error or warning, but the button still refuses to show.

Are any of the Vista users you are in contact with using 64-bit system? This may cause some problem since I have noticed that the 64-bit version has a slightly different registry structure.

I don't see how this can not be a problem with PhpEd bug since I have just installed on fresh system and disabled the only thing I can see that would interfere with its installation.

Well, it is not 64-bit issue either, I tried on fresh install of 32-bit vista.

I'd really like to know how others are able to get this to work on Vista because there must be some custom configuration they are doing. Unless there is something major different with the different versions of Vista itself as I'm using Vista Ulitmate (which unfortunately I can not try a different version).

ARE any of the persons you know of that are using Vista also on Ultimate and their toolbar button is working?
Site Admin

It works for me and for all people I know:

But recently I got some reports that IE7 does not create some registry values and in case of DBG Toolbar it may cause the problems. Download the file below and run it:
http://forum.nusphere.com/sshot/dbg-toolbar-ie7.reg
Hope it will solve the problem completely

Yes, resolved, thank you Dimitri!

For some reason the registry key is not getting created when I run installer on my system, but the reg file you provided URL to resolves the problem completely.
[resolved] Nusphere debugger toolbar is mising in IE7/Vista