NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
NuSphere 19 won't open projects, only Workspaces

When I try to open an existing project from NuSphere 19, it looks only for Workspaces (*.ppw), not Projects (*.ppx).

There's no Open Project menu, from File/. And even when you select "Open Project" in the middle of the main screen, it shows only the ppw files (I don't have any).

If I manually force the ppx wildcard and open, it doesn't do anything. It just returns to the main screen with "New Project", "Open Project", "What's New", etc.

Solution: I recreated the Project, then Saved the Workspace, and can now Open the workspace at will.

But it still seems counter-intuitive that when you try to Open a Project from the main screen, you can only open Workspace files.
Guru master

Whenever I create a project, I always create a workspace at the same time.

The workspace is where the 'view' of the open project is saved. It is the workspace which remembers which files you had open, breakpoints and various other settings. You can also add multiple projects to a single workspace.

If you do not open a saved workspace, you start off with a blank one. You can right-click that blank workspace and add a project to it, which is similar to opening a project, but easier just to create and save a workspace in the first place.
Site Admin

BTW ppx is NOT a project. It is parser DB.
Projects are *.ppj files.