NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
nusoap fault on ssl connection requiring server certificate

Hi, i'm having some problems using webservers from a php client to a .net server. There's a few places i think there could be a hangup, yet it doesn't seem like anyone else on the forum has this problem. I am able to make a request, but i receive a fault. The example code says "this is expected", but i'm not sure what fault is expected. The error is:

<soap:Fault>
<faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode>
<faultstring>Server was unable to process request. ---&gt; Value cannot be null. Parameter name: password</faultstring>
<detail />
</soap:Fault>

I do have a parameter "Password", but there is a value there, and it is sent according to the debug code. There are a few places i think it couldhang up. #1, its over SSL, but the connection is being made... #2, the server requries an SSL server certificate installed in the browser (not for auth, no password), but i don't know where i would install it on my server. It's running linux, so maybe openssl? The IIS server is giving me a HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error. I tested the application from my workstation where the certificate is installed using some .net code, and it worked. I'm thinking its the certificate. any thoughts on installing it? thanks
Site Admin

nusoap uses cURL extension to access SSLed soap servers.
You may want to learn php manual on how to set up SSL certificates for cURL:
see CURLOPT_SSLCERT for http://www.nusphere.com/kb/phpmanual/function.curl-setopt.htm
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
nusoap fault on ssl connection requiring server certificate