NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
nushpere ie bar installation error

Hello,
I am having an installtion problem with the IE debug bar...
Initially I managed to install and use the IE debug bar just fine, but since a few PHPEd updates ago, it keeps giving an error upon installation.
Ive tried uninstalling PHPEd completely and some other tricks I've found on Google, but it still gives the error, I Ignored the .

It keeps giving an error "Unable to register the DLL/OCX:Regsrv32 failed with exitcode0x3"
THe exact error is in this image:

The fact that the debugbar isnt working, I can live with, but it seems Internet Explorer is very unstable and keeps crashing for no reason since a while.

I really hope anyone has some suggestions on how to solve this. Either by uninstalling the debugbar completely ror preferably fixing the problem.
I'm on Win7 if thats of any help.

Regards,
Eelco
Guru master

What version of Windows and Internet Explorer are you using?

I'm on Win7 64bit version and Internet Explorer 9
Guru master

I can't help feeling there is something wrong with your system, not PhpED related. I've been using Windows 7 and IE 9 since it came out and have found IE 9 to be fairly stable. On the other hand, I've found IE 8 to be a prize pain and that was always crashing on me.

The error itself generally indicates that a dependency for the NuSphere ToolBar could not be found, so that means a DLL is possibly missing.

Do you install PhpED as an Administrator (or with UAC turned off), so that you know all the required installers that PhpED runs are completed and are able to place their files in the correct locations?

I don't tend to use the PhpED ToolBar, but I have it installed and showing in all my IE browsers and don't have any issues with it.

To fully disable the toolbar, click on Tools in the menu or click on the gear icon top right, Manage add-ons, right-click NuSphere Debugger toolbar and disable it. If it can't run due to missing dependencies, I'd be surprised if it causes stability issues. in theory it's not doing anything much.

Whilst in the add-ons management, I suggest reviewing the other toolbars and disabling anything that you don't need. It won't fix the dependency issue but it might help with stability issues.

Thanks for the reply,
UAC is disabled, so no problems should've been caused by that,
as suggested I've taken a look at the other toolbars in IE, and disabled most of them aswell.

So far I've disabled the plugin to check it if was the toolbar causing the crashes, enabling and disabling it seems to work fine.
I'll try if it changes anything without those toolbars.

Thanks for the advice Smile
nushpere ie bar installation error