NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Nucoder exclusion list for remote server

There is a exlucsion list for local encoding, it would be nice to extend the feature to remote encoding.

any news?
Site Admin

any clarifications on the request? I'm not sure what you mean under "remote encoding". Did you try to set nucoder mode to Run On The Fly while uploading? And exlusion list works in this mode too.

I am confused with your replies:

encoder-exclusion-list-t5430.html

Unfortunately, with the latest version of phped, the encoder exclusion list still doesnt work for "remote server - encode before upload".
Site Admin

Nucoder's filter that excludes files and directories is in the NuCoder. Why do you expect PhpED to filter anything?

dmitri wrote:
Nucoder's filter that excludes files and directories is in the NuCoder. Why do you expect PhpED to filter anything?

Why do you give me two different answers in two different threads?

I expect phped to filter files from encoding becuase phped handles the uploading process.

I enabled Encoder in phped project settings, put some files in the exclusion list, but those files are still being encoded before upload.

What I have been doing is to upload all files with encoder enabled first, and then disable encoder, and then upload those files that should not be encoded, finally enable encoder again.

Dont you think this is unreasonable?
Site Admin

Quote:
Why do you give me two different answers in two different threads?

and both answers are correct.
Why? Because you asked at different times. When you asked first time, Nucoder was 2.0 and it did not support that. Now we have 2.0.2 its functionality is updated. You may want to check change log to see that.

Quote:
I expect phped to filter files from encoding becuase phped handles the uploading process.

No. PhpED does not filter anything. It's done in NuCoder and only.

Quote:
I enabled Encoder in phped project settings, put some files in the exclusion list, but those files are still being encoded before upload.

That's because you're running previous version of NuCoder.

Your first reply in this thread was posted at Mar 09, 2009 5:59 pm (GMT+8).
I received the email "NuSphere Nu-Coder 2.0.2 build 2031 is released" at 10/3/2009 0:03 (GMT+8). 6 hours difference.

And i dont see any entry regarding this feature in the changelogs: http://www.nusphere.com/news/changes_nucoder_20.htm?/C257/2571613839359
Site Admin

seems you forgot what you said just 2 days ago. Let me remind:

hehachris
Quote:
I am confused with your replies:

encoder-exclusion-list-t5430.html

Please now check the reply date time stamp for the link and you'll see that the answer was posted on Nov 13 2008 02:09 pm.

Quote:
And i dont see any entry regarding this feature in the changelogs: http://www.nusphere.com/news/changes_nucoder_20.htm

sorry, looks like this issue wasn't considered important enough to be included into the changelog. Anyway, it wasn't advertized that the feature will work for the encode-on-the-fly mode, more over in my original post I did confirm that it was not supported.