NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
not unlimited undos and redos???

hi all,

how many undos / redos are possible in phped? it seems they are limited quite low... can i set it to a higher level somewhere?

thank you.
Site Admin

PhpED 3.3 has 32000 REDO buffers and therefore you can roll back up to 32000 changes.
This limit will be configurable in the next version.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ok thank you for info.

Should the developers have used a linked list that is a dynamicly size array so there would be no limit to the buffers?

im sure the dynamic list (linked-list or resize-when-needed array) has been considered. however, i doubt you will have phped open for such a long time that you will use all 32k undos

actually it depends... For example if you have 32k words and replace them all you get 32k undos at once Smile
Anyway, I agree it's rare case and normally you won't get even close the limit. On the other hand there is nothing wrong to have this thing configurable.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ofcourse
the more configurable, the better
some ides merge "replace all" or any successive replacement together into one undo step Razz

I think people won't like it Smile because undo would roll all changes back at once too Smile, it's because undo is atomic and simplistic Smile
not unlimited undos and redos???