NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Non modal find/replace

Love the 5.2 update to PHPed - lots of improvements and very glad to see multi-line find/replace in there. It's great to see you guys responding to your users' feature requests! Makes working with PHPed that much sweeter. Very Happy

However Wink , I would still like to see a non-modal find/replace dialog as it would be so great to be able to select text in the opened file or even switch to a different tab while the find/replace dialog was open.
Re: Non modal find/replace
Veteran

mushy wrote:
However Wink , I would still like to see a non-modal find/replace dialog as it would be so great to be able to select text in the opened file or even switch to a different tab while the find/replace dialog was open.

BBEdit's search window is also modal, but it has a Don't Find button specifically for this purpose. When you click it, the dialog is closed and its contents saved but no search is done. Then when you open the dialog again, it restores the same contents and settings so you can continue right where you left off. It's note as nice as a modeless dialog, but it does get the job done. (I'd like to have it even with a modeless, dialog, though, as I think it would make a nice complement in some situations.)
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website
Non modal find/replace