NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
No blue dots

I see no blue dots in any of my php files. I'm using UwAmp and Xdebug for my localhost lamp stack. My php files run fine in localhost. I'm just puzzled as to why I don't see any blue dots in my files? Maybe I don't have a setting set right? I would like to step through my code of course.

(Using Win7)

Thanks...

Have you tried running Project - Project properties - Settings wizard ?

I ran through the setup wizard but got stuck on the screen: Checking PHP instalation in HTTP" with a msg "SRV web server failed to start on 8080/TCP". I'm not sure what that means nor how to fix it.

Neither do i, but i would guess it could be a firewall blocking the server or some other server already running on port 8080

Yep...it was the fire wall...thanks for the tip.

So now I got the debugger working but its stopping on my mycrypt line with this message: "Call to undefined function mcrypt_module_open()"

I see there are 3 PHP versions being used in NuSphere but I don't know which one is being used in my case. This is a new install on Win7. I want to be using PHP 5.2. How do I tell it to use that ver of PHP?

I see there are folders php and php5 and php54 and in php5 there is a php_mcrypt.dll file in the extensions folder. PHP54 does not have php_mcrypt.dll in its extensions folder. Maybe its trying to use that ver of PHP? And finally, the php folder extension also has php_mcrypt.dll.

Update: I figured out how to tell it to use PHP 5.0 -- 5.2 but its still stopping on the mcrypt line with the msg "Call to undefined function mcrypt_module_open() "

Well, it sound like you are using your own web server, therefore you should probably use that - http://www.nusphere.com/kb/technicalfaq/howto_install_dbg_module.htm
Otherwise somewhere in the directories you located, there should be a php.ini files where you can enable the mcrypt module.

Ahhh...I'll try enabling mcrypt in the php.INI file. I'm using the SRV simple server, not my own lamp stack. Thanks...

I enabled mcrypt in the php/php.ini file and php5/php.ini file by unremming the line extension=php_mcrypt.dll

For php54/php.ini there is only this for mcrypt:
[mcrypt]
; For more information about mcrypt settings see http://php.net/mcrypt-module-open

; Directory where to load mcrypt algorithms
; Default: Compiled in into libmcrypt (usually /usr/local/lib/libmcrypt)
;mcrypt.algorithms_dir=

; Directory where to load mcrypt modes
; Default: Compiled in into libmcrypt (usually /usr/local/lib/libmcrypt)
;mcrypt.modes_dir=

I tried setting the php ver to all three but am still getting the Call to undefined function mcrypt_module_open() error.

Crying or Very sad
No blue dots