NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
NEWBIE QUESTION

I've just purchased the software and love it! A few questions for the novice user:

1. Is there a way to enter templates outside of phped? Some functions are long and the GU will not allow me to copy and paste the data.

2. To backup data (code templates etc) is there a file I should save?

3. Is there a shortct to change the case of the code?

4. Is there a escape char shortcut?

Thanks
Guru master

1) Yes, you have the phpEd.cfg file in your phpEd directory. It is XML though, and I advise backing it up first, in case you miss and blow up the editor Wink

2) The same file. Although i would save *.cfg *.ppw *.ppd and *.dsk from the directory. If you want to save the window layout and a bunch of other preferences, you'll need to export HKCU\Software\NuSphere\PhpED3.3 from the registry as well. Afaik that will get you a complete backup for the settings.

3) There is, Ctrl+k followed by F for uppercase or followed by E for lowercase. These are the dDefault Visual Studio .NET shortcuts, you can always change them below Tools / Settings / Editor Shortcuts. Unfortunately these only affect a single word. Something I would like to see improved to.

4) Don't really understand what you mean by that.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

3) Ctrl-K,U and Ctrl-K,L shortcuts change block case to upper or lower respectively. Ctrl-O,U toggles case from upper to lower and vice versa. Please not that Ctrl-O may not work in the editor if it is attached to File->Open. To change that see Settings->IDE shortcuts.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
NEWBIE QUESTION