NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Newbie Question

I'm running TP 3.4 for windows - pretty cool, I must say!

Now I'm new to the world of apache servers (heck, all httpd servers), php, perl, etc.

I'm going to be building a custom form in php and I stumbled upon some web articles on "HTML_QuickForm version 3.1". This package is based on PEAR (for whatever that's worth).

First question: Is this package included in TP 3.4?

If not, how do I install this package in TP 3.4 for windows?

Also, I'm using TP 3.4 as my development platform, but I will deploy with a real hosting company that has a full php environment available.

Obviously I wouldn't have any privledges in that world, is there a way to use HTML_QuickForm version 3.1 in that environment?

I guess what I'm asking is, is there a way to use packages (in this case PEAR packages) that I download off the net in both environments as a "user" instead of an admin.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards,
Frank.

P.S. I ran the go-pear.bat file in my php directory and everything seemed to go smoothly.

P.P.S. Is there a way to see that PEAR and all the modules that were loaded with go-pear.bat are available when I run the mod_php_test.php script?

Quote:
If not, how do I install this package in TP 3.4 for windows?

See FAQ forum.
howto-install-pear-library-t582.html#2269
but seems you have already installed PEAR by invoking go-pear.bar

Quote:
P.P.S. Is there a way to see that PEAR and all the modules that were loaded with go-pear.bat are available when I run the mod_php_test.php script?

Please follow instructions per pear site http://pear.php.net
Pear is just a set of scripts available in pear subdirectory. You'd add path to it in include_path list or somewhere in your HTML_QuickForm version 3.1 to let it know where to take PEAR from. I'd recommend you read instructions shipped with HTML_QuickForm version 3.1 .
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Newbie Question