NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
New sub forum(s) for PHPED

I'd like to suggest a new sub forum (or forums) to PHPED.

Currently there is a forum for debugging PHP, but none for Debugging JS in PHPED. As this was pretty much the focal point of the marketing for the latest release, I feel there should be something more to the documentation then the current jpeg advertisement that advertises that "you can debug JS in PHPED"

I'd also like to suggest another sub forum to PHPED, AJAX debugging in PHPED - I'd like to see a more procedural explanation of debugging/setting breakpoints to watch the flow of data from HTML->JS->PHP->DB's and how to set breakpoints in multiple types of files in a single debug session.

I have to say that, while the forums are adequate and I appreciate the hard work of all the developers and users in answering questions, the formal documentation for PHPED is severely lacking.
Veteran

You're absolutely right.

I have no idea how to debug JS in phpED, the program doesn't let me set a breakpoint in JS code, so i assumed it isn't supported and just use google chrome instead.

Is it possible? I'll have to go look at the help files...

I figured out how to debug JS in PHPED v. 10

Actually, you're not really debugging JS in PHPED but rather you are using Chrome inside of PHPED and using the Chrome developer tools to debug. Unfortunately the Chrome shortcut keys don't work to toggle the developer tools so you have to click on the little Chrome icon to display the tools.

Now, if I can only figure out how to debug PHP when I pass values to a script via POST and JS. I know DBG is breaking in the script because PHP doesn't return my data but PHPED never opens up a debug session. If I turn off the listener, my script works just fine.

I'm running a local Xampp server in Windows and the debugger wizard reports everything is fine.
New sub forum(s) for PHPED