NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
MySQL Client setup in IDE

I am trying to set up the integrated DB Client with PhpED but am unable to do so.

I have had it working previously but apparently a new version of PhpEd is unable to find libmysql.dll.

I have added the path to libmysql.dll under Tools/Settings/External tools but when I try to connect with DB CLient, I get the dialog saying I need to download the MySQLConnector and set the path to libmysql.dll.

I have verified that I have the correct path by copying it from External tools and pasting it in file explorer.

I have tried restarting PhpEd, and then I tried restarting the computer. No luck.

Any suggestions?
Site Admin

1) Besides various versions, there are two types of the dlls: 32bit and 64bit. You need to install DLL of a type compatible with the IDE. You can not load 32bit dll into a 64bit process and vice versa. You need 64bit DLL for 64bit PhpED (and 32 for 32)
2) It's not sufficient to extract DLL from somewhere and add path to it. You have to install product known as mysql Connector/C and provide path to the DLL installed as a part of this product
3) Oracle changes licenses, api, and many other things. We have no resources to check them all. It's known that version 6.0.2 of mysql client works. More recent versions may bring problems

Thanks,
I went through the entire process again and installed connector version 6.1 and it seems to be working.
Site Admin

what was it? why it didn't work for you from beginning?

Right, 6.0.2 is known to work good. They changed their license after this version and perhaps there are some incompatible changes in the DLL itself too, although the API seems to be okay and backward compatible with 6.0.2