NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Multiple code windows

I couldn't see any way of doing this, so I guess it is a feature request: it would be nice if you could have 2 different files open at the same time without having to tab between them. Like the split code window feature (which I love), but allowing you to edit 2 separate files alongside each other.

Also, I would like to be able to go File->New->Text File.

Smile
Guru master

The first isn't possible without changing the entire PhpED document system I guess. The second one can already be done yourself.
Go to the PhpED installation directory. You'll find a subdirectory "templates". In that directory, just create an empty text file and name it "Text File.txt"
After that, go to Tools > Settings > Associations and add "*.txt" to one of the predefined types.
Only disadvantage is that the TXT file will be highlighted according to which line you add it too, but that's not a big problem.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

You can have two, or more, files visible at the same time by right-clicking a file tab and select 'floating...' - that's a very nice feature Smile
Guru master

I'll be damned Smile
Never too old to learn new tricks I guess.
I don't really have a lot of use for the functionality but still nice to know it is possible.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

warning: neither menu nor toolbars will work for the floating windows

floating windows are useless. they always appear on top of all other windows - when i want to work with 3 files side to side (like now) i cant use anything else be it mail, browser or anything else. for this reason i never use them - too much hassle of moving windows around each time i need to look at web page.
next problem with them is that they are not real OS windows, they cant be maximised/minimized.

please please implement real multi window support, it is really annoying that i cant use all my monitors effectively for php editing Sad(

Try using Alt-Tab to go to your email etc. - works for me.

The windows can be resized, although as you say, not min/max.

alt tab switches to email client, yes, but i cant see it as i have floating windows (unfocused) on top of it

Umm, that sounds strange - the application goes behind, as expected, for me.

in my case only other toolbars i have floating (workspace, code navigator) go behind
Re: Multiple code windows

netshine wrote:
it would be nice if you could have 2 different files open at the same time without having to tab between them. Like the split code window feature (which I love), but allowing you to edit 2 separate files alongside each other.
Smile

I'd also like to see a split window that could show two files.

Cheers

Will
View user's profileFind all posts by qbusterSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
Multiple code windows