NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Missing Feature Requests

Hi, I am a new and indeed a happy customer of you.

I have worked with Zend editor for long time and was really going crazy with it. Old story Smile Now I shifted to PHPEd and I have to say that it is much faster in coding and saves me lot of time (Terminals, Code explorer, autocomplete, fast UI, ...)

However, there are some features I am missing from Zend Editor which I wanted to outline here in case you find time to add them:

1- Formatting code : In zend there is an option which when you select a bulk of code, it automatically indents it. This is a great feature for me. However in PHPEd it is left to Polystyle which I don't like. It does it to whole the document and if you are using Source Control sometimes it does wierd stuff to the whole body. Result : Source formatting unusable for me and not fast & effective.

2- Window Clonning - I can split the window for the same file in zend.
3- Default values for tags. IMG border = "0"

These are the ones that I can think of right now. Apart from them, it's pleasure to use PHPEd. Worths every penny.

yep, I know, formatting leaves much but you can run external formatting tools or scripts directly from the IDE. See howto-use-a-php-script-for-my-editing-t753.html for example.

Window Clonning - you can split window, see View->Split current document.

Regarding default values for tags, thanks , we'll think of making this feature in a next version.

Yes, I am aready using this great feature for aligning equals and variable formattings. But it s far from the zend one. It generates formating depending on whole the document for a specific selecte part in one shot. Hopefully in near future we will see such a tool in phped.

Yup, 4.6.1 just downloaded and nice addon for code completion ="". It saves time.

Code clonning. Great. Twisted Evil

Add my vote for the code formating option, its so useful to have it inline (right click format code)
Missing Feature Requests